- Counsel for a wide variety of clients in connection with the purchase and sale of various commercial, industrial and residential projects, including the sale of approximately 70 acres of re-developed industrial land in Richmond, B.C., the purchase of hotels and a hotel/multi-family/recreational development site in Whistler, B.C., the purchase and sale of numerous office buildings, industrial and retail centres, and multi-family residential buildings throughout British Columbia, and the sale of industrial lands in Alberta
- Counsel for the development and sale of various real estate projects such as phased developments, industrial developments, residential and mixed use projects, and a master planned community
- Counsel for the manufacturing and resource sector on many real estate related matters, including the re-development of former industrial sites, the acquisition and development of power generation, co-generation, and energy transmission infrastructure projects, the disposition of large tracts of forested lands, the acquisition of rights of way, timber and under-surface rights
- Counsel for landlords and tenants in negotiating and settling leases for office and retail buildings, shopping centres, and industrial and recreational properties
Jindy Bhalla, Q.C. is a highly accomplished Vancouver commercial lawyer whose experience encompasses all aspects of commercial real estate, including the purchase, sale of commercial properties, the development of commercial, industrial and residential projects, environmental matters, leasing and syndications. His clients include local, national and international investors, developers, and corporations.
Jindy has extensive experience with the re-development, leasing and sale of surplus lands and brownfields. In particular, he has represented clients in connection with the decommissioning, environmental remediation, leasing, subdivision and sale of large tracts of forestry lands, manufacturing and recycling plants in B.C. and Alberta including obtaining regulatory approvals.
Jindy has also represented banks, trust companies, life insurance companies, and provincial and municipal governments.
He joined EKB in 2003 after practising with Campney & Murphy for several years, and serving as partner at a large Vancouver law firm for 10 years.
* Practicing through a Professional Law Corporation
- Bachelor of Arts (with distinction), University of Victoria (1979)
- LLB, University of Victoria (1982)
- British Columbia (1984)
- Member of the Law Society of BC Audit Committee
- Member of the Urban Development Institute
- Member of the Real Property, Business and Environmental Law sections of the Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Director, President and founder for the Association of South Asian Professionals of B.C.
- Director, Treasurer and Secretary for the Canada Singapore Business Association
- Director and President for the South Asian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Director for the South Asian Bar Association of North America
- Former member of the Election Committee for the South Asian Bar Association of North America
- Former Vice-President and Governor for the Van Dusen Botanical Garden Association
- Recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for community achievement
- Lecturer for the Professional Legal Training Course for articled students
- Lecturer for the Continuing Legal Education Society of British Columbia
- Lecturer for the Real Property section of the Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Lecturer for Douglas College