Kirstn’s experience includes:
- Representing employers and employees in dispute resolution processes, including arbitrations and mediations, disputes before the British Columbia Provincial Court and British Columbia Supreme Court, and disputes before the human rights tribunal.
- Advising on employment issues in business transactions.
- Drafting employment and independent contractor agreements.
- Representing employees and employers in various employment matters including wrongful dismissal, unjust dismissal, human rights issues, and breach of non-solicitation and non-competition clauses.
- Advising employees and employers on the impact of COVID-19 on the workplace.
- Drafting employment policies.
- Advising employers on issues related to workplace policies, privacy issues, discipline, WorkSafe BC compliance, employee misconduct, accommodation, and terminations of employment.
- Advising and representing clients on WorkSafe BC issues.
- Advising clients on Employment Standards Act issues.