Our Client Service Commitment
Keeping clients happy is how we do great business. At EKB, our clients can expect exceptional service from lawyers who are leaders in their areas of practice. Our knowledge and wealth of experience enable us to offer focused, sound advice and innovative, practical solutions to help clients achieve the superior results they expect and deserve.
We commit to open and frequent communication with our clients and industry teams. For us, responsiveness means regular updates and the timely resolution of issues or concerns as they arise.
We deliver the highest value solutions for our clients’ legal needs. We continuously search for ways to improve our clients’ businesses as well as our relationships with them.
Understanding our clients’ businesses, the nuances of their industries, and the challenges they face is what makes us experts. We stay well-informed on industry developments and updates.
We ensure that your case rests with the person who has the most appropriate level of knowledge, from a legal and an industry perspective.
At EKB, our clients can be confident that at every point in their career, our lawyers have the training and experience to provide them with the best legal advice available. Each file is staffed with the team best suited to deliver the most qualified and cost-effective solutions.
To formalize this commitment, EKB launched its Professional Development Program (PDP) in 2002. The PDP serves as a comprehensive in-house legal education program and uses a structured approach to integrate practical professional training and mentoring.
Read more about the details of EKB’s Professional Development Program.
Our lawyers continually strive to be at the forefront of emerging legal issues and developments. Many speak regularly at conferences held by The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, Insight, EPIC, The Canadian Institute, and other professional organizations.
Our lawyers have also served in various capacities in the legal community, including:
- Benchers of The Law Society of British Columbia
- Course instructors at the Professional Legal Training Course
- Adjunct professors at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Law
- Council members of the Canadian Bar Association and the Association’s BC Branch
- Executive members of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Executive members of various national and provincial sections of the Canadian Bar Association
To provide BC businesses with valuable, high-quality, and ethical legal services that are both practical and creative through unparalleled client service.
Every EKB colleague is expected to live our mission and to exhibit our core values in every aspect of their work. We take the time to understand how each client defines value. Our long-standing client relationships can attest to us living our values and achieving our mission every day.
Our Core Values Include:
- Excellence, innovation and creativity in our work for clients at all times
- Meeting or exceeding our clients’ expectations—anything less is unacceptable
- Fostering mutual respect, teamwork, and a collegial working environment
- Integrity and professionalism in everything we do
- The highest ethical standards—always
- Diversity and Inclusivity at our firm
- Contributing to community is at the heart of the firm
EKB is one of British Columbia’s most established firms, serving the business community since 1965.
Our firm’s history includes Supreme Court Judges and Justices, Kings Counsel designees, Honourable Life Benchers, presidents, and vice-presidents of various law societies and schools.