- Regularly attends as counsel at mediations on a variety of business litigation matters
- Represents pharmacies in disputes with PharmaCare and the College of Pharmacists on matters relating to audits and billing, enrollment, and professional conduct
- Advises employers and employees on employment and workplace health and safety matters
- Obtained a BC Supreme Court judgment clarifying the Supreme Court Civil Rules requirements for application material applicable to all cases
Rod Urquhart focuses on dispute resolution in business litigation in a variety of areas. His areas of practice include commercial litigation, real estate, construction, insurance, administrative law as well as employment and workplace disputes. He also represents individuals in shareholder disputes and estate and trust litigation matters. He has represented clients in all levels of court in British Columbia as well as in the Federal Court of Canada.
In addition to his courtroom experience, Rod has represented clients before various administrative tribunals, in relation to business regulation, professional discipline and compensation claims. He has recent experience in pharmacy and PharmaCare disputes and regulation as well as Consumer Protection regulatory disputes.
Rod has extensive experience in construction and damage claims involving utilities and contractors. He is experienced at multi-party dispute resolution and litigation.
Rod was elected and has enjoyed being President of the UBC Law Alumni Association since December 2009. As of 2015 he serves as the Past President. He also serves on the UBC Faculty of Law Dean’s Advisory Board of the Allard School of Law Alumni Magazine.
He has served as committee member of the Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch, annual conference for four years and also served as Co-Chair for the conference in 2013 and 2014.
- Bachelor of Education, University of British Columbia (1982)
- LLB, Peter Allard School of Law, University of British Columbia (1985)
- British Columbia (1986)
Workplace Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic Part II: Consequences for Failing to Comply with WorkSafeBC Requirements
Workplace Safety During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Employment Law Essentials: Discriminatory Action Complaints – What employers need to know
Administrative Decisions and Judicial Review: A Primer
Firm News About Rodney
Best Lawyers in Canada 2021 Recognizes EKB Lawyers for Their Industry Knowledge and Legal Skill
COVID-19: EKB’S COMMITMENT TO OUR CLIENTS, THE COMMUNITY AND OUR EMPLOYEES
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognizes EKB Lawyers for Their Industry Knowledge & Legal Expertise
EKB Lawyers Attend Globalaw Americas Regional Meeting 2019
EKB Lawyers Attend Globalaw Annual Members Meeting in Dallas
EKB Lawyers Recognized in Best Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal Canada for Their Expertise
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in Corporate and Commercial Litigation since 2017, Administrative and Public Law since 2018
- Member of a number of sections of the Canadian Bar Association
- Longstanding member of the Trial Lawyers Association of BC, The Vancouver Bar Association and Advocate’s Society
- Host and Co-Chair of the Canadian Bar Association, B.C. Branch, annual conference 2013 – 2014
- Long-standing volunteer Access Pro Bono
- Moot Court Judge Peter Allard School of Law University of British Columbia