- Represented and continues to represent numerous owner-managed businesses in the acquisition and sale of businesses in the forest industry, including the assignment of timber tenures and the negotiation of timber harvesting contracts
- Represented and continues to represent numerous aviation industry businesses in the acquisition and sale of assets / shares of companies in the aviation industry (primarily rotary-wing operators)
- Represents clients on the purchase and leasing of commercial aircraft (both fixed wing and rotary wing)
- Works with clients and their accountants and tax advisors to complete corporate reorganizations, amalgamations, restorations and dissolutions
- Works with clients, their accountants, financial planners and tax advisors to develop and implement estate plans including the preparation of complex Wills, Alter Ego / Joint Partner Trust and Family Trusts
- Advises Executors and Administrators on the administration of contentious estates and applications for Probate and Administration
Brian Mulholland has a Business Law practice. In his more than 35 years of practice, Brian has represented clients in a wide variety of business transactions in many industries. His clients benefit from his broad range of experience, his hands-on approach and practical advice.
The majority of Brian’s clients are owners of family enterprises ranging from contractors and licence-holders in the forest industry to fixed wing and rotary-wing operators in the aviation industry. Brian‘s clients also include large financial institutions and a regional transportation authority.
Over the past 15 years, Brian’s practice has increasingly become focused on estate planning and administration for owners of family enterprises and high net worth individuals. Brian has been a member of the Estate Planning Council of Vancouver for more than 15 years and works closely with his clients’ accountants, financial planners and tax advisors in the planning and implementation of estate plans.
* Practicing through a Professional Law Corporation
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia (1977)
- LLB , University of British Columbia (1980)
- British Columbia (1981)
- Member of Estate Planning Council of Vancouver for more than 10 years
- Associate Member of the B.C. Truck Loggers Association for more than 25 years
- Past President and served as a Director of the Richmond Kinsmen Home Support Society for more than 30 years
- Member of the Beach Grove Golf Club for more than 30 years
- Former coach of youth soccer, fastball and baseball teams
- Former Director of the Richmond Non-Partisan Association