- Member, Business Law, Real Estate Law and Wills and Trusts subsections
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch
- Member, Urban Development Institute
Tom Clarke is a business lawyer with extensive experience in a broad range of corporate and commercial law. His experience in these areas includes major corporate reorganizations, business acquisitions and divestitures (including mines and mine exploration properties, shopping centers, office and apartment buildings, and contaminated sites), commercial and residential real estate development, commercial real estate leasing, and negotiating settlements of shareholder and contaminated land disputes. He also acted for the developer in one of the most complex subdivision/land assembles in the history of the Lower Mainland Land Title Office (Vancouver, BC) and also has extensive experience in the commercial side of technology transactions, including negotiating licensing arrangements and acting for software developers and distributors.
Tom has also advised clients on estate planning and administration matters since the start of his career over 35 years ago and this area has become a significant component of his practice during the past dozen years – his particular emphasis in this area is integrating business and estate planning, multi-jurisdictional estate planning and complex estate administration.
Tom has been with EKB since joining as a summer student in 1982.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of British Columbia (1979)
- LLB, University of British Columbia (1983)
- British Columbia (1984)
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors of Vancouver College and was one of the initial Trustees of the Vancouver College (2002) Trust which is the owner of Vancouver College
- A Member of the Inquiry Committee of the College of the Dental Surgeons of British Columbia (2014 – 2020)
- Richmond Centre Conservative Association (Director : 2016 – 2020 ; Federal Electoral District (Secretary: 2017 – 2020)