- Seminar leader for University of British Columbia Law School on Commercial Law Problems
- In-house Presenter on Environmental Law
- Guest lecturer for the Professional Legal Training Course for articled students
Tim Nichols is a business lawyer who conducts a diverse, active corporate and commercial practice. His experience includes advising clients with respect to the formation, organization and reorganization of private corporations and other business associations, including complex shareholders’ agreements.
Tim has extensive experience in drafting and reviewing agreements, including commercial leases. He has worked with clients on mergers and acquisitions and dispositions and has a thorough knowledge of all aspects of corporate governance. Tim has provided clients with practical, strategic advice in the negotiation and conclusion of dispute resolutions.
He also represents a number of clients in the not-for-profit sector, including both provincial societies and federal corporations. Tim has also advised clients on estate planning, wills and trusts.
Tim joined EKB in 2018 after practising at Hungerford Tomyn Lawrenson & Nichols where he was the founding principal. He was a partner at Campney & Murphy for many years.
* Practicing through a Professional Law Corporation
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto (1973)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of British Columbia (1977)
- British Columbia, 1978