- Represented an engine manufacturer in a fatal accident involving a commercial operator
- Represented the estate of a deceased pilot in a mid-air collision case in which liability was found 100% against the other pilot at trial
- Represented a large helicopter manufacturer in a number of actions arising from helicopter logging accidents
- Representing a seatbelt manufacturer in litigation arising from an aircraft accident
- Representing a maintenance facility with respect to an accident involving a small aircraft operated privately
Daniel Fetterly’s primary focus is in acting as defence counsel on aviation related litigation and has practiced in this area for his entire 23 years of practice. Dan has represented a variety of clients, with an emphasis on manufacturers of fixed-wing and rotary aircraft, in numerous litigation matters arising primarily from aviation accidents.
Dan has maintained long term relationships with clients since first commencing practice in 1992. His focus in all cases is identifying as soon as possible, and the striving to achieve, an efficient and effective solution to the claims made against his clients.
Dan joined EKB as Associate Counsel in 2014. Before joining EKB, he practised as a partner in two different litigation boutique firms in Vancouver.
- LLB, University of British Columbia (1990)
- British Columbia (1992)
Firm News About Daniel
Best Lawyers Awards – EKB Lawyers Recognized in the 2024 Edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada
Best Lawyers in Canada 2021 Recognizes EKB Lawyers for Their Industry Knowledge and Legal Skill
Best Lawyers in Canada Recognizes EKB Lawyers for Their Industry Knowledge & Legal Expertise
Dan Fetterly and Alan Monk Recognized in 2019 Edition of Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
EKB Lawyers Recognized in Best Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal Canada for Their Expertise
- Member, Aviation Insurance Association
- Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory: BV Peer Review rated (Very High Legal Ability and Ethical Standards)
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Recognized as a Leading Practitioner for Aviation (Regulation & Liability)
- National Post’s The Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized as a Leading Practitioner for Aviation Law
- Lawday Directory of Leading Lawyers: Recognized as a Leading Practitioner for Aviation Law and Product Liability Litigation
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in Aviation Law and Product Liability Law since 2008
- Named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers for Aviation Law, Vancouver (2017, 2019)
- Coach and Safety Person to hockey teams of both adults and children for a number of seasons