- Successfully obtained the dismissal of an appeal in a bad faith insurance case at the Court of Appeal
- Sought and obtained the dismissal of a summary trial application in an international shipping case, ultimately resulting in an advantageous settlement for his client
- Won a multi-day trial in a wrongful dismissal case obtaining compensation for the entire duration of the employee’s contract
- Successfully represented Pharmacists in disciplinary matters both before The College of Pharmacists and in disputes with PharmaCare
David Turner is a partner at EKB, joining in 2006 after articling with the firm. David has a civil litigation practice with a focus on employment law, commercial litigation, and administrative law. His clients range from individuals, small and medium privately held corporations, and credit unions to public and private multinational companies in everything from mining to recruitment. David prides himself on obtaining cost-effective resolutions on all his files.
David’s experience includes advising both employees and employers on all areas of employment law, resolving many contractual disputes for his commercial clients, and administrative matters involving primarily the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia and PharmaCare
David has appeared in the provincial, supreme, and appellate courts of British Columbia. He has made submissions in the Human Rights Tribunal, the Employment Standards Tribunal, and to the Canada Labour Program. He has also litigated administrative matters under the Canada Labour Code, the Pharmaceutical Services Act, the Health Professions Act, the Residential Tenancy Act, and the Consumer Protection and Business Practices Act.
* Practicing through a Professional Law Corporation
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Victoria (2000)
- LLB, University of British Columbia (2005)
- British Columbia (2006)
Vaccine passports and policies are here to protect you. The Ontario Human Rights Commission agrees.
Does Your Company Incentive Plan or Stock Option Use the Term “Actively Employed”?
COVID-19: The Canada Emergency Response Benefit – Update
COVID 19 Update: Temporary Layoffs During COVID-19
COVID-19: The Canada Emergency Response Benefit
COVID-19: A Guide for Employers
- Elected by his peers to the executive of the Vancouver Bar Association
- Member of CBA Employment Law and Civil Litigation subsections
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Chair of the Firm’s Articling Committee
- Wrongful Dismissal and the Employments Standards Act, Peoples Law School – numerous lectures
- The Employment Standards Act for new residents of Canada, Mosaic Immigrant Services – April 2014
- Participates and raises money for Night Hoops Basketball for disadvantaged youth and the Children’s Hearing and Speech Centre of BC through an annual charity basketball tournament
- Member of the Downtown Vancouver Lawyers’ Basketball league
- Player/Coach in the Vancouver Bar Association softball league