- Blakes Scholars Scholarship Award (2018 & 2019)
- Borden Ladner Gervais Professional Excellence Award (2018)
- Clifford S. Watt Memorial Book Prize (2018)
- University of Victoria President’s Scholarship (2018 & 2019)
- Crease, Harman and Company Scholarship in Law (2019)
- DuMoulin Black LLP Prize in Securities Regulation (2019)
- Howard Petch Scholarship (2019)
- Insolvency Institute of Canada Prize in Insolvency Studies (2019)
- Martlet Chapter, IODE, Scholarship in Law (2019)
- Thorsteinssons Prize in Taxation (2019)
- Law Society of British Columbia Gold Medal (2020)
- Terry J. Weuster Graduation Award in Law (2020)
Lauren Frederick practices in the area of corporate law, assisting clients on a range of transactional matters.
Lauren has experience working with companies and credit unions on a wide range of business law matters, including incorporations, reorganizations, corporate restructurings, privacy issues, employment issues, and general corporate matters. She has a particular interest in the effects of current and emerging privacy law issues on companies and credit unions.
Lauren completed her BCom at the University of Alberta before obtaining a JD from the University of Victoria. While in law school, she worked as an Amicus Tutor for first-year law students. Lauren was the recipient of the 2020 Law Society of British Columbia Gold Medal for the University of Victoria. Lauren joined EKB as an associate in 2021 after articling with the firm.
- JD, University of Victoria (2020)
- BCom, University of Alberta (2015)
- British Columbia, 2021