EKB has a wide range of expertise handling various issues that arise in the aviation industry. Whether our clients are buying or selling businesses in the aviation industry, leasing or selling aircraft or aircraft facilities, or are defending product liability claims in litigation following an accident, EKB can help.
EKB represents aircraft owners and lessees, component manufacturers, and aircraft maintenance organizations in a variety of matters, such as:
- Purchase and sale and lease agreements for aircraft and aircraft hangars
- Commercial services such as preparing, negotiating and reviewing contracts for the purchase of businesses, security agreements and aircraft registrations, both domestically and internationally
- Defending claims arising from fixed wing and rotary aircraft accidents including acting for numerous manufacturers, maintenance organizations, operators and pilots;
- Commercial litigation
- Regulatory and administrative proceedings involving WorkSafe, Transport Canada and other administrative bodies
EKB’s lawyers have been recognized as experts in aviation matters as follows:
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory: Leading Practitioner for Aviation (Regulation & Liability)
- National Post’s The Best Lawyers in Canada: Leading Practitioner for Aviation Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Recognized in the practice area of Aviation Law continuously from 2008
- Martindale-Hubbell International Law Directory: AV (Preeminent) and BV Peer Review rated (Very High Legal Ability and Ethical Standards)
- Lawday Directory of Leading Lawyers: Leading Practitioner for Aviation Law and Product Liability Litigation
EKB’s lawyers are members of the Canadian Bar Association’s Air Law subsection, of which Dan Fetterly is an Executive Member. Our lawyers are also members of the Aviation Insurance Association.