In Canada alone, 4.6 million adults and children live with arthritis. This chronic, and sometimes debilitating, condition affects people of all ages: three out of five under the age of 65. For many years, lawyers at EKB have worked alongside The Arthritis Society to improve the well-being of arthritis patients. Bill Hartley, Associate Counsel, presently serves as Chair of the BC Division of The Arthritis Society, and on the Society’s National Board of Directors. EKB Partner Dave Turner has also joined the effort. Recently, Dave fronted the inaugural All-in for Arthritis Poker Gala. This inaugural event raised a fantastic $85,000 for the Arthritis Society’s B.C. and Yukon chapter: money which will be used to send kids with arthritis off to summer camp. EKB will continue to work with The Arthritis Society to set lives in motion and usher in a future free from arthritis.
- EKB Associate Isabel Romeral Appointed Executive Member of CBA BC Business Law Section and Editor for Business Law Quarterly
- EKB Associate Counsel Sean Donovan Appointed as Chair to CBA BC Branch Resolutions & Bylaws Committee
- The Head of EKB’s Employment Law Group, Dave Turner, Speaks on Employment Law at the YWCA FOCUS@Work Program
- EKB Managing Partner Rod Urquhart Attends Globalaw Managing Partners’ Forum
- EKB Acts for Management Team in Buy Out of Doubletree Forest Products