David Allman will be a moderator of a panel discussion at the Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Special Institute on International Mining and Oil & Gas Law, Development, and Investment, taking place in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil on April 11, 2019.
The panel will consist of both inside and external legal counsel, and will discuss Mineral Royalty Agreements and Steaming Agreements. Topics will include:
- Understanding the modern royalty company business model in order to understand the modern royalty structure
- Key elements of the modern royalty structure
- Setting the table for a future royalty transfer
- Royalties under various real property and insolvency regimes
- Effects on negotiation and enforcement (costs and benefits)