Laura Nichols, a business lawyer at EKB, joined forces with Vancouver-based businesses to volunteer at local not-for-profit Soup Sisters.
Soup Sisters organizes groups of volunteers to prepare soups for local shelters. The intention is to provide “a hug in a bowl” to women, children, and youth “through the making, sharing and donating of soup”.
Although Soup Sisters has deep roots in the Vancouver community, it has spread its charitable actions across North America and now has locations across Canada and the United States. Since March 2009, Soup Sisters has delivered a staggering 1.5 million nourishing bowls of soup to women’s shelters and programs for youth in crisis.
EKB is proud to have partnered with the local charity and encourages anyone interested in becoming a Souper Hero to reach out, donate, or pick up a ladle and organize their own Soup Sisters event.
Laura and EKB would like to thank the generous donations from the representatives of the following local businesses:
• Katie Gordon & Allison Sharkey—Edwards, Kenny & Bray LLP
• Yuliya Lys — WestSKY Real Estate Group
• Richard Shum & Carmen So— TD Wealth Private Wealth Management
• Katherine Liu — Martin & Henry Chartered Accountants
• Peter Szeto — BMO Nesbitt Burns
• Devon Peck — Dives Harper & Stanger
• Sarah Peters & Kaitlyn Peters — Opus Hotel
• Justin Emilio — Justin Emilio Mortgage
• Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP